Inspex II FAQ
INSPEX II is an integrated digital microscope system for inspection and basic measurement, ideal for production and quality control environments. It offers fast live image display in Full HD (1080p) resolution with 60fps.
Ash recommends using a monitor with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels to achieve optimal viewing. All of our measurements are calculated using a 24" monitor. Monitors can be purchased as an accessory with the Inspex II.
- Please note: during initial setup of your Inspex II, the user must select the lens and monitor size that they will be using. Technical specifications for all lenses can be found here.
No, a powerful embedded digital microscope software is integrated within the system.
Yes, the Inspex II can transfer files to a PC through the mini USB port. Inspex files can be transferred to and from a PC hard-drive.
No. There is no requirement for a PC. The embedded digital microscope software can process complex imaging tasks without a PC. Images are captured directly to internal storage memory (10GB), a USB memory stick or to a network or cloud server
To set the correct camera height for measurement:
- The user must set the Focal Point of the lens first to suit the height of the object
- Place the unit in Overview Mode
- Move the object with the area of interest under the crosshair on screen
- Exit Overview Mode by pressing the Overview Button again
- Press the ZOOM button to zoom to Full Magnification
- Manually adjust the height of the Inspex II with the focus block up and down until the object is in focus
- Make sure the correct mark is on the ruler
- Now you are ready to measure at your desired focal plane!
The Inspex II captures files in 24 bitBMP in JPEG format with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
Yes, the Inspex II software offers a range of language pack for easy integration and localization.
The Inspex II system takes only moments to setup. A User Guide Manual and Quick Start User Guide is provided with each order.
All Inspex II units are supplied with a standard wireless mouse. Ensure the "on" switch is switched to the "on" position and remove both the dongle and the battery tab from the underside of the mouse. Simply insert the wireless dongle into the USB port on the side of the Inspex II and your mouse is ready to use!
All Inspex II units are supplied with a standard wireless keyboard. Ensure the "on" switch is switched to the "on" position and remove both the dongle and the battery tab from the underside of the keyboard. Simply insert the wireless dongle into the USB port on the side of the Inspex II and your keyboard is ready to use!
A stand is needed to mount the Inspex II camera and we offer two different options:
- The Track Stand (AI 100-037) features a dual focus block for fine and coarse height adjustment. Track height of 500mm allows easy viewing of small and large samples
- The Illuminated Track Stand (AI 100-036) features a dual focus block for fine and coarse focus and height adjustment with integrated LED base illumination with light intensity control
- Please see our stand accessories section for more information.
The Inspex II ships with a standard Quadrant Controllable Ring Light. Other options available are:
- A controllable UV Ring Light (AI 801-421), providing optimum shadow-free illumination for a wide range of applications with no external power supply. This is particularly useful for the application of conformance coating of PCB’s.
- Diffused LED Dome Light (AI 100-045) provides light intensity control and reduces glare with no external power supply.
- An integrated LED base illumination with light intensity control is also an option with the Omni Track Stand (AI 100-036).